Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/langfellow/mnscore.com/blog/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 82
TWINS NOTES: ¬
• The Twins snapped their five-game losing streak, winning for the first time since May 22 at Chicago (AL)…today was their ninth come-from-behind win.
• The Twins are now 10-9 in one-run games this season…entering today, their nine wins ranked third in the AL, behind Tampa Bay (12) and Cleveland (9), while their 18 total one-run games was tied with Detroit for most in the AL.
• With four more doubles plays turned today, the Twins now have 69 on the season…they entered today first in all of baseball with 65, ahead of the Blue Jays’ 56…of the Twins 69 DP’s, 61 of them have been on the ground, also the most in baseball.
• Scott Diamond pitched his fourth quality start, tying Carl Pavano and P.J. Walters for most on the staff…Diamond’s home ERA is now 1.33 (20.1 ip, 3 er).
• Diamond’s home runs allowed to Reddick and Ka’aihue were his first and second allowed to left-handed batters this season…additionally, he has yet to walk a left-handed batter this season (27 total lefties faced).
• Denard Span (1-for-4) is batting .348 (16-for-46) in his last 10 games and .435 (10-for-23) in his last five games.
• Joe Mauer (2-for-3) is batting .459 (17-for-37) with four doubles, five rbi, 11 runs scored and six walks in his last 10 games…he has an on-base percentage of .535 in that span.
• Trevor Plouffe has four home runs in his last nine games.
• Darin Mastroianni stole his first career base in the sixth inning, taking third off Norberto and Suzuki.
• Justin Morneau’s two rbi gave him 734 for his career, passing Carew (733) for 6th on the Twins’ All-Time list…his double tied him with Cuddyer for 7th (239).
• Jeff Gray stranded two more runners, entering the game in the seventh inning…he has now allowed just four of his 17 inherited runners to score (24%)…the 17 inherited runners are the most on the Twins staff.
• Matt Capps is now 10-of-11 in save opportunities this season…he reached double-digit saves for the sixth consecutive season.