Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/langfellow/mnscore.com/blog/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 82
TWINS NOTES: · The Twins are 15-9 in their last 24 games since May 16…they are 6-1 in their last seven games at Target Field.
· Minnesota is now 5-2 in Interleague Play in 2012 and 153-118 all-time.
· The Twins defense turned one more double play tonight giving them 80, which leads all of baseball…they have turned a DP in 43 of 60 games.
· Nick Blackburn won his third consecutive decision tonight…the Twins have won in each of Blackburn’s last four starts after beginning the season 0-5 in his starts.
· Blackburn is 2-0, 5.40 (10.0 ip, 6 er) in two starts since being reinstated from the 15-day disabled list.
· Minnesota is hitting .318 (105-for-330) with 35 extra-base hits and 59 runs scored in their last nine games since June 2…additionally, they are batting .371 (56-for-151) with 32 runs scored on this homestand.
· Tonight marked the second time this season the Twins had four players with three-plus hits…the other being April 12 vs. Los Angeles (AL).
· Denard Span hit his fifth career leadoff home run…his previous leadoff homer was May 23 vs. Seattle off Jason Vargas…the five leadoff homers place Span in a tie with Kirby Puckett for sixth-most in club history…top five include Jacque Jones (20), Chuck Knoblauch (14), Dan Gladden (12), Shannon Stewart (7) and Zoilo Versalles (6)…Span set a career-high with four runs scored tonight.
· Trevor Plouffe is batting .417 (15-for-36) with four doubles, five home runs, 12 rbi and 10 runs scored in nine games this month…nine of Plouffe’s 10 home runs have come in his last 19 games (since May 16)…additionally, he has 13 rbi in his last 11 games.
· Ben Revere (3-for-5) is batting .417 (25-for-60) in 14 games since May 26…he has reached 12 times in his last 25 plate appearances (11 hits, one walk).
· Josh Willingham is batting .344 (33-for-96) at home this season…eight of his 12 home runs have been hit in Target Field.
· Jamey Carroll drove in Plouffe from second base in the seventh inning, making him 17-for-50 (.340) with runners in scoring position this season…he is 12-for-21 (.571) with runners in scoring position since May 16.
· Joe Mauer drew his 500th career walk becoming the seventh player with 500-plus walks in a Twins uniform and first since Knoblauch in 1997.