Fri 29 Jun 2012
TWINS NOTES: · The Twins have now lost three straight games and are 3-3 vs. the Royals this season…are now 3-35 when they score 3-or-fewer runs in the game and have scored five runs or fewer in each of their last 14 games.
· The Twins have now allowed at least one run in the first inning in 33 games this season.
· Brian Duensing made his second start of the season after 30 appearances out of the Twins bullpen to begin the year…Duensing allowed just his third home run of the season in 41.2 innings pitched (0.65 HR/IP)…he is now 0-2, 5.73 (11.0 ip, 7 er) with 12 hits and two home runs as a starter in 2012.
· Anthony Swarzak has allowed just one earned run and six hits in 8.0 innings pitched over his last four appearances.
· Left-handed batters are 1-for-6 with five strikeouts against Tyler Robertson this season…right-handed batters are 4-for-5 with one strikeout.
· Ben Revere was caught stealing for the fourth time in 19 attempts this season when he was thrown out at second in the first inning…coming into tonight’s game, his 13 stolen bases since May 20th are the third-most in the Majors in that time frame (Mike Trout - 17, Tony Compana - 14).
· Ryan Doumit extended his hitting streak to a season-high nine games…his career-high is 11, done April 29-May 11, 2007 with Pittsburgh.
· Justin Morneau (2-for-4) had his 13th multi-hit game of the season…16 of his 20 hits in the month of June have been singles.
· Kyle Waldrop made his first Major League appearance since September 25, 2011.
· Alex Burnett has not allowed a run in 12 straight appearances dating back to May 28 (13.2 ip with four hits, three walks and five strikeouts).
· The Twins and Royals will play a split day-night doubleheader tomorrow (make-up game from April 28)…first game is at 12:10 and the second at 6:10.
No Responses to “ Twins lose 3rd straight, drop 4-3 decision to Royals ”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.