Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/langfellow/mnscore.com/blog/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 82
TWINS NOTES: · The 2012 Target Field attendance reached 2-million tonight (2,006,264), marking the 14th time in club history and eighth consecutive season (since 2005)…with tonight being the Twins 57th home date, it marks the fourth-fewest home dates to reach 2-million in club history…they reached 2-million in their 51st home date in 2010 and 2011, and in their 56th in 1988.
· Tonight’s sellout marked the eighth of the season and first since July 28 vs. Cleveland (39,166)…146th sellout in Target Field history.
· Eight of the Twins last 12 games have been decided by two runs-or-less…they are 4-4 in those games.
· Nick Blackburn extended his losing streak to four games…the 11 hits allowed marked a season-high…second time this season with double-digit hit totals.
· The defense turned two double plays tonight, giving them a Major League-leading 139 (120 via ground balls)…the two GIDP’s for Blackburn were his most in a start since June 16, 2011 vs. Chicago (AL), when he also induced two.
· The back-to-back home runs allowed by Blackburn, marked his second time this season allowing consecutive home runs…fourth time this season he had allowed multiple home runs in one inning.
· Ben Revere’s second inning outfield assist was his fifth of the season and 19th for a Twins outfielder…Twins outfielders have four assists in their last six games.
· Justin Morneau (2-for-4) is batting .346 (47-for-136) in his last 34 games, since June 29.